Sunday, February 17, 2008

Brocolini Search

(Submitted by Pat R)

Last Saturday I went to a lacrosse game at the Navy Marine Corps Stadium in Annapolis. Navy scored 10 points, VMI scored 2. After the game, I had dinner at a restaurant in the Market Place area. I can't remember the name, but Don and Carl stopped there one time after a bike ride. To make a short story longer, I ordered pork with spiced apples. When the plate arrived it also had some green stuff piled on it. It sort of looked like broccoli, but it wasn't. It was very good ,and I asked the waitress what the green stuff was. She said it was called brocolini. Broccoli and asparagus were cross bred and that was the result. I tried to find it this week in the stores but was not successful. Does anybody know where brocolini can be found? I think it has a better taste than either broccoli or asparagus.

No comments: