Thursday, January 15, 2009

Update from Glenn


Yesterday I met with Dr. Taylor, the surgeon on my cancer team. He showed us the CAT scan, amazing technology. It confirmed that there is still an enlarged lymph node on the left side of my neck. Last week Dr. Suntha had told us that it appeared on the PET scan. Dr. Taylor called it a dead cluster, a dead lymph node that DID NOT light up in the PET scan. We decided to surgically remove it on Feb 3. I've come this far to chance leaving it in. They will put me under, make a 3" incision, and remove the lymph node. They will immedeiately disect it and make sure there is nothing of concern in it. If there is something, then they will enlarge the incision a bit and remove the surrounding lymph nodes in my neck. Statisitcally there is less than 10% chance of anything, we feel there is nothing!!! I will then be 100%. Thanks, keep your thoughts and prayers coming,

love ya all, glenn

No comments: