Tuesday, February 10, 2009

One Year Ago

This touching photo was from Valentine's Weekend 2008.
  • My camera is in the shop for 4-6 weeks, so I thought we'd remember some photos from the past. It's screen became damaged BEFORE the warranty expired, a new experience for me. It's unlikely that I will get it back before our cruise, which is OK since it is also unlikely that I will lose 30 pounds in less than 3 weeks.
  • I missed a very funny incident this past Sunday, but I could picture it. Perhaps you can, too. When the sun came streaming through the door at Sam's, Don commented that the glass was dirty. He was given the job of wiping it. As he cleaned the window, he wiggled his butt. The folks in Sam's laughed, so Don gyrated even more. They laughed till they cried, Don went crazy......not realizing that they were laughing because some poor lady was stuck between the two doors behind Don, getting quite a show.
  • The weekend before last, Doug lost his car keys right before he was off to referee many basketball games. Everyone helped search the bathrooms, the trash cans, the counters. Paul had just offered to drive Doug home for the spare set when I found his keys....in my own purse. The keys are similar, and I have no recollection of picking them up. Thank goodness Jean suggested that I look there, I would have been very embarrassed to discover them later.
  • There are some new offerings at Sam's, including homemade soups, salad, fresh fruit and homemade baked goods. Andy is selling delicious walnut brownies for $1, and 100% of the proceeds goes to benefit Glenn and his family. Pick up some the next time you stop by.

No comments: