Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Request from Glenn

Please help me support the University of Maryland Greenebaum Cancer Center. I am asking that you sponsor one of my guardian angel's, April Khoury, as she runs in the Maryland Half Marathon on my behalf. Those of you who know me well know i will never run a marathon. This Center saved my life, and April was one of my daily radiation therepist. She personally helped me get thru my ordeal, she was my Guradian Angel. http://mdhalfmarathon.com/donate/runner/?userid=1063
Please feel free to pass this on to anyone that may have been touched by cancer or who may want to help support us. Thanks in advance for your generosity, Glenn,

(see below) ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************Dear

Friends and Family:
On May 31, 2009, I am participating in the Inaugural Maryland Half Marathon to benefit the University of Maryland Marlene and Stewart Greenebaum Cancer Center (UMGCC). While over 10 million people are currently living with cancer in the United States alone, it is likely that we each know a family member or friend affected.

The work being done at the University of Maryland Greenebaum Cancer Center is truly impressive. As a National Cancer Institute and listed among the Top 50 Cancer Programs by US News, I am supporting an organization which truly makes a difference in the lives of its patients.
As I work hard to accomplish my personal running goals, I am directly helping the UMGCC medical team achieve their goals relating to better prevention techniques, advanced detection, and highly effective treatment opportunities. A challenging road lies ahead to finding a cure, but my actions prove that we are heading in the right direction.

Please take a few minutes to view my personal running page. Any amount you are able to contribute is considered a wonderful gift. Even better, if you would like to run with me, I would be truly grateful. I will keep you updated on my progress as race day draws closer.
Thank you in advance for supporting me in the fight against cancer.
Warmly, april khoury http://mdhalfmarathon.com/donate/runner/?userid=1063

No comments: